What is the right thing to do?

NancyB09366

What is the right thing to do?

Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:57 am

Hello everyone! It's lovely to be back, and it feels good to be able to express my difficulties here and support my friends.

My friend has prioritized her career over her love life, which is why she hasn't had a partner since birth. She also has strict parents, which I believe has an impact on her. She eventually found the one last year, and I can tell they are a good match since they have similar personalities and life goals. She is unable to introduce her lover to her family because he already has a son. She believes her mother would object and would prefer another man. They kept their relationship hidden out of fear, until her partner proposed to her last month. She has no idea what to do or how to introduce her lover. Her partner did not agree with her desire for a quiet wedding without informing her parents first and then later introduced her boyfriend and they fought badly. Is it preferable to present her partner first and accept the consequences, or to marry without informing her parents?

AnnBelmond1990

Re: What is the right thing to do?

Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:38 pm

Hello, Nancy. I hope everything is well with you. Even though it will have an impact on their relationship, I believe contacting her parents is the best decision. Going forward with the wedding without her parents would certainly disappoint them, and it would also make them dislike her fiance. It was a measure of respect to notify them ahead of time, even though they will be shocked to learn that they had kept it secret. Hope your friend thinks about it carefully so that she doesn't cause problems in the future; her fiance disagrees with her for a variety of reasons.