What should I do?

Eds2255

What should I do?

Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:22 pm

Hi everyone, I want to vent out my frustration.

This year, I completed my college degree, and my family is overjoyed since I am the family's first graduate. They constantly asking when and where I would work, which put too much pressure on me. Due to peer pressure, I applied for a job with one of my cousins and was eventually hired; nevertheless, the offer was very low, and I had no option but to take it. While exploring one of the online job applications, I noticed that I had received an offer from another firm where my old classmates work, and they offer a greater pay and better perks. I'm very upset since I really wanted to apply, but I have to restart the application procedure. I'll start the work next month and can't decide whether to accept the risk of losing my first job and apply again for better opportunities. Please advise me.

JRey214

Re: What should I do?

Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:51 am

Hello Eds, I notice you are deliberating a lot, and I believe you prefer the second option. It is not unusual for recent graduates like you to feel pressure from your family but try to communicate with them. However, if you choose the second option, you will need to work hard on that application in order to be hired. You will also need assurance that the second option provides a better salary and benefits in order for your family to trust you. I hope you make the best decision for yourself and your mental health. Fighting