What we need to do?

NeeVlad009

What we need to do?

Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:48 pm

Hi, I have been with my boyfriend for seven years. We are both in our mid-twenties and would like to get married. But my parents are against it since he is not employed and working. They always tell me that I can find another guy who has a job and can give me a good life in the future. I love my boyfriend very much and he loves me also. How can I talk to them about getting married next year?

AnnBelmond1990

Re: What we need to do?

Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:56 pm

Hello, I advise that you still need to talk to your parents about getting married. Maybe set dinner with your parents and with your fiancé. I believe that your fiancé should be the one to speak first and tell your parents about the marriage as a sign of respect and they need to agree because they need to be present at your wedding.

NeeVlad009

Re: What we need to do?

Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:00 pm

Hello, Ann!

We must really ponder on our marriage because our parents are also members of our family. We can't live happily after knowing that they are opposing on our marriage. I also suggested my boyfriend to search for work because this is a problem with my parents. I'm overjoyed that he's now seeking for work to determine himself. We're also putting money aside for our wedding so that my parents don't have to worry about the costs.